Monday, May 11, 2009

Our first pitcher


Baseball season is upon us. We have two boys on two different leagues and on different nights so needless to say we are at the ball field a lot during the week. Jackson's team the Royals had their second game tonight. They don't have many kids interested in pitching and at the beginning of practice a month ago Jackson made it clear to me that he didn't want to pitch. No problem you don't have to. During practices he would play catcher which I found ironical since he didn't want to get hit by a pitch but didn't mind standing behind them?! He is played catcher the first game and really enjoyed it much to my surprise. Tonight was another surprise for me as well. It's the last inning and they need a kid to pitch. Jackson said the coach came up to him and said "Jackson, I hear you want to try pitching. Do you want to pitch?" Jackson took the mound! I was stunned for the first few pitches and very impressed with how well he did. He has some heat behind the ball and was pretty accurate. He struck out one player and didn't hit anyone. ( That's great for never pitching before) I think he loved it. I hope he continues to get excited about baseball. It's fun to see him get pumped up.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Woo! Go get 'em Jackson!