Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Middle Child




I am a middle child. I always hated being a middle child. I said I wasn't going to have an odd numbered family because I didn't want there to be a middle child. I have an odd numbered family and I have a middle child and he is showing how he hates to be the middle child. I should have sympathy for my middle child. I should have empathy for my middle child. I am feeling very guilty about my mothering skills toward my middle child.
My middle child is very passionate about his friends, his toys, his time, his view of the rules, his food, and his life. Passionate doesn't always mean a positive thing but passionate is the only way to describe it. When he loves someone he loves them completely, when he is mad about something or at someone everyone knows it. Is he feeling left out? Yes. Is he feeling like he's not ever going to be first at anything? Yes. Does he drive me crazy trying to explain these things to him? Yes.
Do I think he's the best hugger? Yes. Do I think one day he is going to be the most loyal friend, husband, brother in the whole wide world? Yes. Do I think he needs my attention more than the rest of them? Yes Do I think God blessed me with him to teach me a lesson about compassion and loving unconditionally? Yes, yes and another Yes! Did God know I needed that? Of course He did! Love you, G'Man!

No comments: