Sunday, May 25, 2008

There's Quick Sand Here!





What do you get when you cross two boys with a construction site and 3 days of heavy rain? One Huge Mess! The last lot behind us is being built on and the boys have been itching to play in the construction site. We've tried to keep them away but it just keeps whispering to them to come play. Much to my surprise (he must have missed the three previous day of rain) Ken agreed to let them play in the site. So off they go with there "playing in the rain" boots on and smiles from ear to ear. Not too much later I here, "Mom I am stuck! There's quicksand over here and I am sinking!" Now I know there is no quicksand in my Iowa back yard but it was fun to see their faces none the less. After a few attempts Jackson was able to pull his feet out of the muck and start the process of clean up but Gavin wasn't strong enough to break the seal his rubber boot and the muck made without his boot falling off. Like any good mother of boys I rescued him and added 3 inches on muck to my shoes, too!

No comments: