Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bedroom Breakfast

okay this is a terrible picture and the top part is the menu given to us for the next days meal.


Here's how it started:
Jackson: "Mom can you be sick on Saturday?"
Mom: "I could try but I don't know if I can just be sick when you want me to be. Why Saturday?"
Jackson: "' cause I want to make you breakfast in bed."
Mom: "I could be sick all day if you want to make me breakfast in bed! You could make all my meals on Saturday and bring them to me in bed if you want to."
I left it at that not thinking any more about it but was very touched by the thought. It wasn't even Mother's Day or my birthday. Fast forward to Saturday morning. The kids are up and Ken was all ready awake doing homework. I hear Ken remind Jackson that "mommy is looking forward to breakfast in bed." Jackson says, "but she's still asleep." "Well, I think she'll wake up if you bring her breakfast," coming from a wise father.
In comes the waiter named Jackson requesting my order and promptly comes back with it all ready served in a 9X13 pan. Can we say Mommy needs a tray? The breakfast was just what I wanted and the first time ever served by one of my sons. Is this what they mean when they say mothers and sons have a special bond? He offered to make breakfast on Sunday and even gave me a coupon for 100% off. Daddy only got one for 99% off! Am I special or what?

2 comments:

Stephanie Solverud said...

Awe, this is so sweet..wish I had boys! My girls just think it's all about them. :)

Stephanie Solverud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.